Farrah Fawcett... sad.
Michael Jackson.... I never saw that coming.
My very first car accident. Ever.
Ugggggggghhhhh. And I wasn't even driving my car.
My boss Pam and I have been trading cars the past couple days. Plain and simple, hers has more seats than mine. Today I was driving the kids to swim lessons and somebody hit me.
My town is big for growing cherries, peaches & corn. Around now is when they harvest the corn so the past few days, there have been tons of semi's going up and down the same back roads I take to work.
I was stopped at a stop sign behind another person when a semi was turning onto this back road. Problem: he cut his turn to short and was coming into our lane. The semi wasn't stopping and was getting closer to the truck in front of me. I saw the truck in front of me reverse lights come on so I stepped on my brake to put the SUV I was driving into reverse to give him room. I the guy in front of me was panicked that the semi might hit him so he stepped on the gas. He floored it without looking and reamed into the front end of the SUV. I had no time to react at all.
Five years with a perfect driving record. Five YEARS. I know that this accident wasn't my fault, but I am totally peeved that this guy could have possibly killed the trust between me and the family I work for. Pam and her husband have total trust in me with their four kids. I'm angry he could have hurt them and me. I'm angry that Pam's car had to get towed because the bumper was crushed into the front tires.
It was scary. I was horrified that it happened. The guy who hit me was really in a hurry so he gave me his insurance card and apologized a lot, but then he left. I have never been in an accident so I didn't want to make him more upset than he looked. I had the kids with me and I wanted to keep them safe. I called the police when another woman I worked for got there to help me, but all the officer did was give me a packet to fill out and mail to them.
It's been the day of all days, that's for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment