Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday... morning.

For some wacky reason, my brain has me fooled into thinking it's Friday. I don't know if its because the kids around here are off Friday or what, but this week has been long.


Jury duty went well. Thank God I was early & one of the first people to check in. I was called along with the other first 11 people to check in, and we were put on a Coroners Jury. The lawyer guy rushed us because the hearing or whatever was to start at 9am, and told us we'd be done by... noon =)


We had to meet in another building a couple blocks away and before we left he told us how lucky we were. Since the weekend before had included Labor Day, all the stuff that had to be done Monday was pushed to Tuesday. They had plenty of stuff to go around, all groups had to show up, and the people that weren't one of the twelve in my group would have to report for the next THREE days.


I thanked my lucky stars and myself for being prompt and on time, regardless of how bad I didn't want to be there. I was rewarded =)


By the way, silly me for thinking you had to dress a little nicer and business like to go to Jury Duty. My slacks & top were indeed adorable, but everyone I saw had jeans, shorts or something a little less business like on. I almost felt ridiculous.


I suppose I wouldn't mind doing it again, although it would be fun to go at the same time as a friend. Have someone to chat with and all that. Maybe next year!


I have the day off today, which is why I'm still up. I can't sleep for the life of me tonight. Even with a long day at work under my belt, I just can't shake being awake. Ugh.


On that note, I'm going to go attempt to bore myself to sleep. Good night!

No comments: