I love sales. I don't know how to pay for things full price, especially if the store has a sale rack/ clearance section. The other day I went into Bed, Bath & Beyond with my mom. She's been on a decorating kick lately and been painting the house and running around trying to make her idea's come to life. So I tagged along to spend some time with her and I lucked out on the duvet above.It was sitting on a clearance shelf when I noticed it. It was marked down to $50.00 from $130.00. I nodded and told myself that was a pretty good find. After all, it's Roxy brand. Not cheap. As I'm walking along to the check out, my mom noticed a sticker on the side I hadn't seen. Apparently it was for an additional 75% off the marked price. I grinned and waited patiently to pay for this gem of a sale item. After all was said and done, the duvet cover and matching pillow covers came out to a whopping $12.62. =D
My Momma taught me well.

Otherwise, lately I've been a horrible car owner.
My poor little Ford hadn't been washed in at least two months. I got scolded yesterday by my sweetheart boyfriend for neglecting it. He can't stand it if his truck goes without getting washed once a week. Pft. He works at a Ford dealership and gets his truck washed for him by the detail guy. And he wonders why I let my car get dirty. I have to wash it myself. And when it comes to that, I can wait.
My poor car was covered in dirt. How it got there I have no idea. I hardly drive anywhere. But today I toughed up and went outside and washed it. Now it's clean, inside and out. I wish I could say that about my other car. The Jeep Wrangler behind the Fusion is also mine. It was my first car, the one I drove during high school and my first year of college. It was a cool car to have, I enjoyed it for the most part. It had a couple problems. It guzzled gas pretty bad, the windshield was cracked, the soft top wasn't very forgiving and the transmission was constantly crapping out on me. Finally the thing just gave up and I ended up buying the Fusion. Pretty much, it's been sitting in that same spot since I quit driving it. My Dad and brother have pulled out the transmission in hopes of rebuilding it, but they haven't touched it since it came out.
I'd like to keep both for awhile, until I absolutely HAVE to get rid of one.
Anyways, I better get going. I have some laundry to fold and dinner to make. I volunteered. Taco night. Yummmmm=]
Have a good night!

1 comment:
Way to go on bargain shopping!! I love a good deal myself!
Post a Comment