Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Progress


The bathroom is slowly coming along. The stripes aren't doing as well we thought they would do. It turns out the walls aren't square. They go one direction at the bottom of the wall,but as you tape up,they go whole different direction. Ugh.
Another problem we've run across is the red and dark brown aren't the right shades. The dark red is too purple/bright pink looking and the dark brown isn't dark brown at all. So we'll be heading over to Lows in a little while to get them changed.
Yesterday was Zach's day off, and we ended up heading out to the mall in a city about a half an hour from here. We went to lunch and wandered around for a couple hours. We ran into a sale at Sears for mattresses. 50%off of the mattress & box spring set. I was beyond thrilled. We've been talking about getting a new bed because ours is too small. We're sleeping on a Full sized bed. And if that wasn't bad enough, the mattress itself is from the 1960's. I know, right? If you look at the label at the bottom, you can see the date. I inherited it when my grandpa passed away, about 8 years ago. The mattress is just way past it's prime. So we looked around and checked some we liked out. Even half off, for us it will still be a pretty penny to buy one. But at this point, we're not sleeping so good anymore and it's just all around uncomfortable. So hopefully this coming weekend we'll find something decently priced. It may not be the best or the nicest one, but come on. Anything is better than the 40 year old mattress we have now.
Besides our little adventure yesterday, life is just rolling along. I'm so excited for Halloween this Friday. It's supposed to rain or something, but the way the weather had been around here, I doubt it. Zach and I will be heading to our good friends house to take their daughter Kayla trick-or-treating. She's only 6 months old, but we thought it'd be fun anyway. She's going to be a little kitten.
Well, I think I've rambled enough for today. I've got some laundry and cleaning to do. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: