Monday, January 12, 2009

Viva la fiesta!!

An afternoon of browsing, brainstorming and goofing off led to a conversation that decided it all.

An hour and $91.00 later, my handsome boyfriend will be getting a 'surprise' fiesta twenty first birthday party!

I tried to make the whole thing a big shocker surprise bit, but no one showed any interest, nor offered any help. I called and called and asked and begged. Nothing.*eye roll*Next time someone wants to be all cool and awesome and throw a surprise party for someone they care about, don't even bother asking me. No money, No "can you bring something?", No "can you be here in the morning to set up?", NOTHING. I'm tired of doing things for people in hopes they will return the favor when I need it.

So, because some were not so nice, I decided to just ask Zach if he wanted to have some people over and he said sure. I told him to call everyone he wanted there and made sure to tell them 8pm on Friday. Before hand, he is going to be meeting a few guys at a bar or his first "legal" drink.We'll be setting up all the stuff as soon as he leaves. The fiesta theme will be the surprise and I must say, it's going to be quite the night.

All the stuff is in the trunk of my car. I got plates, napkins, cups, wall decorations, hanging decorations, a blow up cactus, a blow up chili pepper, a blow up sombrero cooler thing... I got the birthday boy a sombrero he's going to have to wear all night. lol. I'm going to make a list of rules he has to follow to insure that it doesn't come off all night. =]

My mom picked out a pair of orange beads with a plastic shot glass attached to the bottom of it. She was getting as into it as I was! We are planning on making a chili pepper shaped cake on Friday. That is going to be very interesting. I'm afraid it's going to go badly and were going to have to go buy one =/

I still have some other things to buy. I need crepe paper and I want to get a pinata. I have a balloon order set for pick up on Friday, but I might need to add a few more on to tie outside. Beats me.

I have so much to do before Friday. Ack!

No comments: